Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day November 11, 2011

Today is the day set aside to honor our veterans. Men and women who have a calling to serve in our military. Some go to war. Some never see action. Some see to much. Some never recover. Some bring it home. Some never make it home. Some make it home in a box.

These are not the reasons for their calling. Their reasons are much stronger than that. They train to become the best to protect their fellow soldiers and their country from enemies foreign and domestic. They turn their lives and will over not only to a God of their understanding but also to the United States of America.

To those of you who have taken that pledge. I thank you for your service and sacrifice.

To name a few that are close to my heart: Bobbye Eachus, Jay Sulfrian, Amos Snow II, Leonard Strathman, Ben Branch, Rick Renshaw, John McCarty, Jack McCarty, Aaron Frame, Alec Ward, and Chris Anthony.

I am sure there are others I have missed in naming. Some I didn't name because I didn't know they served. (It is not like they go tooting their own horn.)
You all are important to me. 
 
To my friends, family and all other veterans who sacrificed and served our Country, Thank you.
 
To those who are missing or gave all.
You are not forgotten.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment